NFF Election: Eyes On The Goal As Adam Mouktar Itemized His To-do List When Elected NFF President
“I want to build a World class National Training Centre complex, state of the art with pitches, hotel, and sports science and injury Rehabilitation centre.”
This is the first time in the history of Nigerian sports, especially football an administrator who wants to serve is thinking in this direction. Notice, how he carefully selected his choice of words; ‘I WANT TO’ not ‘I will’, this is already showing and telling us he, Adam Mouktar knows exactly what to do when he assumes office.
‘I will’ is promising what is to come but he’s saying ‘I Want to’ which is a statement of fact and in the now; simply put, I have done it let me do it again.
In our chat with him and when asked about his agenda, it didn’t take him five minutes to rill them out. Again, this is showing preparedness. This is showing vision. This is showing a man who is ready to hit the ground running because he knows exactly what to do.
..’Injury rehabilitation centre’ in our local sports is kind of strange because many have come and gone but none of them has thought of this very vital part of football. Many players ended their careers because of injury, some minor injury that requires rehabilitation and then getting back has resulted to them quitting the game unceremoniously!
Adam Mouktar is a visionary and a breath of fresh air.. And almost half of everything on his to-do list has been done by him on his personally capacity and as the FCT FA chairman, he just needed the big stage (NFF) to amplify it nationally.
So, when he says ‘I want to’, he’s simply saying let me replicate these nationwide!
Here are the items on his to-do list:
- I want to build football pitches for communities across the country for the development of grassroot football.
- I want to win 2024 AFCON cup
- I want to take Nigeria to the Quarter Finals in the next World cup.
- I want to produce new set of talents for Nigeria both in men and women football with representation and opportunities to all parts of Nigeria.
- I want to build a World class National Training Centre complex, state of the art with pitches, hotel, and sports science and injury Rehabilitation centre.
- I want to promote a new generation of home grown coaches.
- I want to bring ex players, coaches and referees into, the running of football on a day to day.
- I want to implement the new football master plan by the Fed Govt of Nigeria.
- I want to take Nigeria to the top of the Rankings in Africa.